Monday 21 July 2014

TV News Summer Project (part 3)

This is part 3 of my TV News Summer Project

I think that the target audience for Breakfast is mainly adults, however, there may be some news stories that they decide to put in their in order to interest young people/children. Some may even be able to relate to the news stories and so as a result they want to watch it. I think that the gender percentage would be 50% Male and 50% female because there are news stories (in my opinion) that can grab the attention of both genders, for example, sporting stories to interest males and other genres of stories to interest females. I think that the highest age group watching the news would be middle aged-elderly people as some elderly people are housebound which means that they can't get their own experience or develop their own opinion of the outside world and so they rely solely on the news. However I think that that would mainly apply to elderly women because elderly men might prefer to read the newspaper as that is what they're accustomed to. Furthermore I think more upper class people would prefer to read the newspaper aswell, rather than watching the television. Also, I think less people who have higher class, hectic, busy jobs would watch the news and prefer newspapers because they have less time to watch the TV and so it would be so much easier to grab a newspaper and read it on the train as they go to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment